With over 100 students signed up for this event (and the Mesopotamian Debating Championship) the faculty held a meeting tonight in the Hotel Jiyan in Erbil, Iraq. The World Debate Institute is proud to be part of this effort as a founding and organizing partner.
- Muhammad Ahmad, Iraq Debate organizer and originator.
- Megan Harlow, Bard College, former USA national novice debate champion.
- Jason Jarvis, former director of many Asian Debate Institutes, now a graduate student at Georgiua State University.
- Jonathan Borock, NYC, coasch at St. John's Unioversity, formerly of Sophia University in Japan.
- Matt Stannard, coach at University of Wyoming.
- Bojana Skrt, ZIP Slovenia, but still stranded in Amman, coming to Iraq tomorrow morning.
- Alfred Snider, World Debate Institute, University of Vermont.
a. THBT USA SHOULD NOT WITHDRAW ITS MILITARY FROM IRAQ,
b. THBT UNIVERSITY EDUCATION SHOULD NOT BE FREE,
c. THW SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASE PENALTIES FOR LITTERING,
d. THBT CLOTHING DOES NOT REPRESENT THE CHARACTER OF THE INDIVIDUAL,
e. THBT DEVELOPED COUNTRIES SHOULD NOT ACCEPT THE MIGRATION OF SKILLED PROFESSIONALS FROM DEVELOPING NATIONS,
f. THBT WE SHOULD NOT EAT MEAT,
g. THBT BARACK OBAMA SHOULD NOT HAVE WON THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE.
h. THW SUPPORT A HUSBAND TAKING AN ADDITIONAL WIFE ONLY WITH THE OFFICIAL APPROVAL OF ALL OTHER WIVES.
i. THBT IRAQ SHOULD ABOLISH THE DEATH PENALTY.
j. THW SUPPORT INTER-CULTURAL MARRIAGE.
More information and a complete report coming tomorrow night Iraq time.